Las Vegas Penthouses For Sale
Looking for penthouse condos for sale in Las Vegas, Nevada? Check out all available penthouse condo listings below. To learn more about an available penthouse unit, just click the “Request More Information” button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of recently sold condos nearby, and more.
Also remember to register for a free account so that you can receive email alert whenever new penthouses in Las Vegas hit the market. And for additional help searching Las Vegas penthouses for sale, contact us at your earliest convenience or as soon as you’re ready to take the next step in your Las Vegas area home search.
What is a Penthouse Condo? A Modern Definition
Although the penthouse unit has traditionally been known as the top-floor living space of a residential building, the parameters of its definition are rapidly changing. Today, the term “penthouse” is much more of a marketing buzzword that refers to upper floor units with larger floor plans or different layouts from other lower floor units. Additionally, as alluded to above, penthouses don’t always occupy just the top floor of a building and often fill out the top 3-4 floors, especially in newer developments. Despite this type of new school marketing strategy, which can certainly be confusing for buyers, expanding the guidelines for what a penthouse condo is defined by often enables developers to sell more units at premium price points, effectively increasing their bottom line.
Common Characteristics of a Penthouse
Thanks to an evolving etymology, a penthouse condo might not carry the same allure as it once did. But you can bet every penthouse unit still offers premium features that set it apart from other condos or apartments inside the same building. And although certain characteristics will of course vary from building to building, common features of a penthouse condo typically include the following:
- More living space
- Unique layout
- The best views
- High-end interiors
- Extra outdoor space
- More privacy
Like any other living space, penthouse condos come with upsides and downsides. And while the pros often outweigh the cons, it’s always best to consider both before deciding whether penthouse living is right for you. Here are just some of the pluses and minuses of calling a penthouse condo home:
Advantages of Penthouse Living
- More privacy. Even if penthouse doesn’t occupy an entire floor or isn’t on the top floor, chances are it still offers more privacy than other units in the building. Penthouses also tend to have larger floor plans as well, increasing privacy and living space by default.
- Sweeping views. Upper floor units of a condo building always provide better views for owners, which might be the greatest advantage of them all. It’s also common for penthouses to have oversized floor-to-ceiling windows, allowing owners to fully enjoy the memorable views each penthouse unit has to offer.
- Private outdoor space. While not every penthouse condo is guaranteed to include outdoor space, many include access to a private terrace or even the rooftop of a building, which can be a priceless addition depending on a building’s location.
Disadvantages of Penthouse Living
- Premium pricing. It’s true—all that extra living space and all those extra features will always come with a higher price tag. So while the idea of penthouse living may seem desirable on the surface, be prepared to pay a premium at the closing table.
- Longer elevator rides. This might not seem like a terrible inconvenience initially. But when you’re in a hurry or happen to forget something in the car, the extra time it takes to come and go from a penthouse can quickly become a nuisance if you’re not ready for it.
- Higher HOA fees. The larger the unit, the higher the HOA fees will be. Along with a higher purchase price, also remember to factor in those pesky assessment fees. And with a penthouse, those fees are sure to be much, much more.
The Las Vegas Penthouse Condo Market
If you don’t already know, Las Vegas is a city that is tailor-made for penthouse living. The bright lights, the glitzy lifestyle, and the mesmerizing desert landscape all help make Las Vegas the absolute perfect place to buy a fabulous new penthouse condo. And luckily for buyers, plenty of options and opportunities are out there to help make that dream become a reality.
Las Vegas condo developments like the Panorama Towers, One Queensridge Place, and the Waldorf Astoria Residences are where you’ll find some of the most expensive penthouse condos in Las Vegas, which can range anywhere from $5 to $15 million. But the beauty of the Las Vegas penthouse market is that you don’t necessarily have to break the bank to realize the dream of penthouse living. In fact, penthouse units inside The Turnberry MGM Grand have sold for under $500,000, and any number of smaller mid-rise and high-rise condo communities, like the Newport Lofts or Juhl for example, have featured asking prices for between $600,000 and just over $1 million for penthouse units.